Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Back to Normalish

Finally, after a week, I think we might be getting back to normal. Avery has been sick - like the throwing up all over the house and not eating or sleeping and getting super dehydrated kind of sick. It lasted exactly a week and it was torture! I hate having a sick baby because there is nothing that you can really do. I took her to the doctor, I tried (in vain) to get her to drink pedialyte or juice, I nursed her and snuggled her and changed her clothes (and mine) a billion times a day, I did countless loads of laundry and finally we seem to have made it. I was lucky that I had some help, my Dad took off work early one day to stay with her so I could go in to work for a bit and my Mom did the same the next day. So for a week I got about 8 hours of work - most of it late and night. But I think I am finally getting caught up at work.

I think the worst part is (now that Avery is better and I know it is nothing serious I can say this) is that Avery's schedule is totally messed up! We used to have to fight to keep her up until 7:30 so she could spend a little time with Aaron and then she would sleep all night until I woke her up the next morning. If I didn't wake her up she would sleep at least 12 hours straight. It was glorious and I was the luckiest Mommy in the universe! Now, Avery does not want to go to sleep so she is up late, she wakes up several times in the night and wakes up unreasonably early in the morning and then is cranky BECAUSE SHE IS TIRED! What is up with that Avery?!?! Last night was better, but not back to normal. I miss normal :)

In other news, if anyone wants to see what Aaron has been up to lately they can go to this link and see a video about the academy that was on the news. I think you can see Aaron in a few scenes but it is hard to tell - they all look a like in their uniforms and short hair :) Look for the sideburns and you will know it is him!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

That totally stinks! I'm sorry - I hope you can get the schedule fixed soon, sleep is soooooo nice! I'm glad she's feeling better though. Remember all of this is temporary!