1. The slumber party was a great success, Ella had a really fun time. In fact, she asked me this morning if she could have "another slumber party at Ama Kaffy's house tonight?"
2. Ella says really funny things - my favorite today is "Don't worry Mommy, I got it" For example, I asked if she needed to use the potty and she said "Don't worry Mommy, I got it." And she did everything by herself. I got the same response when I asked if she needed help with her pants, shoes and coat. She is getting to be so independent!
3. I need to edit my Ipod playlist. The other day we were listening to a song (Superstar by Lupe Fiasco - a rap song) and Ella started singing along - "If you are who you say you are, a super star ..." At least that song has no bad words, I think I am going to have to be a little more careful about the music we listen to in the car. Thankfully her favorite songs are still "1234" by Feist and "Spiderman Theme Song" by Michael Buble!
4. I had a doctor appointment this morning, everything looks good. I am still worried that this baby is going to be the biggest baby in the world, but the Doctor didn't seem overly concerned. I now have an appointment every two weeks, which makes it seem like there isn't much time left, even though there is a LONG TIME left!!!
5. Alaska weather is dumb - it snowed all day on Saturday and now there is a few inches of new snow. Most of the snow was melted! I thought it was spring! Ella and I went shopping on Saturday and when we pulled out of the garage Ella said, "It is SNOWING! It is winter again!" She seemed kind of excited about it, but I was not. It needs to be spring, so that it can be summer, so that I can have this baby!
6. I dropped two grapes, a pen, my staple remover and a piece of paper on the floor this morning, and they are still there because it takes too much effort (and energy) to bend over that far and I am just not up to it. Also, bending squishes the baby and then she kicks for like an hour afterwords to punish me.
7. Last week Ella was feeling my belly when the baby kicked and Ella was so excited, she freaked out! Now she wants the new baby to kick her all the time. This morning Ella put her hand on my belly and said "I want New Baby to kick my hand" I told her the baby was sleeping so Ella pulled my shirt up, put her mouth right by my belly button and yelled "Wake up baby and kick my hand!"
No comments:
Post a Comment