Friday, April 18, 2008

News Flash: Governor Palin Makes Holly Look Like a Punk (again)

So for those of you did know, Alaska's governor - Sarah Palin - was expecting her 5th child. Back in February, I met her in Juneau. I was about 5 months pregnant and I didn't know she was pregnant, but she was about 6 or so months along. We rode in the elevator together. I looked like a clearly pregnant woman. She looked totally normal. I had to walk like 3 blocks for lunch and I was complaining about it. In my defense it was very cold and icy outside. She had a full day of important meetings then she had to attend her daughter's soccer tournament.

A few weeks later she announced her pregancy (like 7 months now) and EVERYONE was shocked! She didn't even look pregnant! People could tell I was pregnant from about 2 or 3 months.

Well, Governor Palin had her baby this morning. She went into labor yesterday, while she was giving the key note speech at some big Governor's Energy Conference in Texas, but she managed to fly back to Alaska (on a commercial flight apparantly) before she had her baby. I also had a presentation to give yesterday. I sat down the whole time because I was having contractions, and it was hot and I was kind of cranky. Also, I complained about it for a long time when I was done. After the presentation, I went out to dinner and then went home and sat on the couch.

I imagine that the Governor will be back to work anyday now. Afterall, the legislative session just adjourned and she has to veto or approve all that legislation and the budget. She is a busy and important person. I plan to spend the three months after I have my baby either sleeping, feeding the new baby or playing with Ella. I probably will not make any new laws.

So now I feel like a total punk - thanks Governor Palin!

PS. The Governor's baby is a boy - Trig Paxon Van Palin - he was 6lbs 2 oz ( and I think about a month early) Congratulations Palin Family!

No comments: