I see that it has been more than a month since I posted last - oops. You know the old saying, time flies when you are insanely busy with one million hearings and trying to figure out how to get your 5 year old to school on time everyday with lunch and combed hair. Or whatever that saying is. So, since I don't actually have time for a real post with pictures, here is a list of the things we have been doing the past month:
1. Ella
- loving school and being excited to go every single day,
- keeping her room mostly clean as a result of well thought out bribes,
- writing lengthy letters to Santa (even though it is a bit early),
- drawing many beautiful princesses and unicorns - as well as an awesome family portrait where we are all wearing Flyer's hockey jerseys and skates (except for Avery, "she is a baby, babies can't skate),
- eating us out of house and home in what I can only assume is the beginning of an epic growth spurt (even though she might be the tallest kid in her class),
- generally being awesome.
2. Avery
- loving being an only child during the day and happy to walk Ella to and from school every single day,
- wants to wear only jammies all day long (and if forced into regular clothes will get naked the minute she steps inside the house to immediatly put her jammies back on)
- spending significant time and effort in an attempt to sleep in my bed, holding on to my ear all night (she is generally unsuccessful)
- having lots of Mommy-Avi days on Fridays which are always awesome even if we don't do anything special,
- spending lots of time with Daddy - they are best friends I am told
3. Aaron
- working,
- sleeping,
- watching hockey (hooray for the pre-season!!!)
- playing video games,
- researching table saws endlessly
- Daddy Day Care Mondays with Justin
- having lots of quality time with his girls (especially Avery) because I have been working so much
4. Holly
- lots of hearings, new client intake meetings and working long hours (like several consecutive 11 hour days, a first for me and not something I would like to repeat!),
- going though the interview process to teach at a local paralegal college (I think I got the job!)
- Cleaning out the garage like a maniac (getting ready for Aaron to set up a shop and build me tons of awesome stuff)
- volunteering at Ella's class during art and having the best time ever because kindergarten is awesome!!!
- back on the treadmill - luckily there is a lot of new tv for me to watch while I do it
- random elaborate and time consuming projects at home (like I painted a rug, rearranging all the pictures in the living room (and painting all our 1 million black picture frames white), painting wood trim white, harassing Aaron about his unfinished projects, totally organizing the pantry, entry closet, linen closet, bedroom closets, etc)
Basically, it has been the busiest month ever! And there is no sign of slowing down. I hope to start teaching a couple of times a week soon - not to mention more sewing orders coming in and potentially a puppy (if I can get Aaron on board) so that will add more to our schedule, and maybe Avery will start preschool? Who knows, we might need a period of adjustment before we try to see how many places we can be at one time.
Sounds like fun! Or insanity - sometimes it is hard to tell the difference around here!
No comments:
Post a Comment