Monday, August 22, 2011

FIRST DAY OF KINDERGARTEN!!!

Today is the first day of kindergarten for our big girl Ella. I don't know how she got so big so fast, but it happened. She has been waiting for this day for about a year since most of her old daycare friends got to start kindergarten last fall.

Last night she did her first ever homework. And she loved it! And when she finished she wanted more. Then I thought that we might not be related - because I am pretty sure I never once in my whole life WANTED homework!


Ella also double (triple, quadruple) checked that the school clothes she had picked out were ready. She has at least a weeks worth of outfits picked out in her closet ready to go. Do you think this girl is excited about school or what?!?!? For the all important first day Ella picked out a cute pink and black top and leggings. It was a back to school gift from Grandma Kathy! The second I opened her bedroom door this morning she was wide awake and smiling - and she didn't stop smiling a single second!


She got her lunchbox, gym shoes and homework packed into her backpack and she was totally ready to go!


She wanted a few pictures with Avery - and some sister hugs and kisses before we hit the road.




But even after all that - breakfast, getting dressed, brushing teeth, fixing hair, washing her face, packing her backpack, taking pictures, more taking pictures it was STILL too early to start our walk. She has never in her entire life gotten ready so quickly in the morning. It was amazing! But finally it was time to start the exciting walk to the FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!


Luckily Aaron was able to take a break from work at the perfect time to meet us on our walk so he could come along and join in the fun!


We got to her classroom door just in time and Ella has never been so excited. Believe it or not I think she was more excited about school than ballet class (and I didn't think anything could top that!) She found a spot to hang up her backpack and put her lunchbox on the cart. The she found her seat! It was very exciting! Then she got right to work coloring a picture - doing just what her teacher told her to do.


We gave her a hug and kiss and then they made us leave. Ella wasn't a bit worried or nervous, in fact, after she gave us a kiss goodbye she was so focused on school stuff she didn't even wave or watch us leave! So I knew that she was going to have an awesome day and I wouldn't need to worry. Or cry. And I barely did.

I can't wait to hear all the exciting news she has for us when we pick her up this afternoon!!!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

I love the last picture of them hugging, and that it looked like Ella needed a police escort on her first day. Such a big girl! I bet Avery misses her during the day.