On Saturday morning Mom called and asked if we would like to go out to Big Lake to play at their friend's cabin. We had nothing going on and it was a GORGEOUS day so of course we said yes. Aaron decided to be lame and stay home and sleep. Who needs more than 5 hours of sleep over 48 hours, what a baby :)
It was so beautiful out, even the drive was fun!
The girls were really good on the drive, Avery fell asleep, but not before she yelled, "LOOK! Mommy, LOOK! Sky!!!" One million times. I guess the sky is very exciting, especially when it is blue instead of gray!
The cabin was awesome, it made me want to get a cabin so bad, especially on a lake!
When we first got out there, it was kind of cold, we all we wearing sweatshirts or coats, but by the time we finished our picnics it was warm and the sun was shining right on the yard and lake. We had a nice picnic.
And then some play time for the girls
And some rest time for the grown ups. Here was the view from my nap - pretty nice, I could get used to this:
Then we went out on the paddle boat and kayak. I christened the paddleboat the USS Spider. I have never in my life seen/squished so many spiders in one place. They were everywhere!!! And I am not a fan of spiders. But we were having too much fun to let a few million spiders ruin it. So I just squished them all and never once jumped off a boat in a screaming panic - even when a spider crawled on my arm. My ARM! I guess not wanting to tip over a boat filled with my sweet babies was enough to keep me from freaking out :)
Papa followed behind us in the "rescue boat" kayak in case Mom and I got stuck (which we did several times) I kept singing "rescue Papa, coming to the rescue!" to the tune of Rescue Pack from Go Diego Go...I think I watch too much kids tv.
I think the neighbors were judging us, and laughing at our sad lack of paddle boat skills. Mom and I sat up front and did all the work and the girls hung out in back. I should say, at first Mom and I did all the work, but after awhile Avery wanted to sit on Ama's lap (I could tell because she kept crying "laaap Ama laaap") so Ama held Avery - then I did all the work. Here what it looked like:
My feet (working hard):
Mom's feet (not working):
She was too busy doing this to help out:
I guess I can't blame her, I would rather kiss the baby too! After an epic paddle boat ride we went back to shore. Ella was desperate to wade and sit on the dock and so we did!
After all that fun we played some games - ladder ball or something, I can't remember the name, but I can remember that I beat Dad 11-4!!! Ella was not quite as successful, and she cheated, but it was fun!
The before we left to go home, the girls had a little snack, Ella's favorite - Cheetas! I mean cheetos! Delicious!
It was such a fun day, the girls were exhausted, Avery was asleep before we got off Big Lake Road and Ella was asleep before we got through Wasilla. I didn't fall asleep (because I was driving) but I did manage to get an impressive sunburn on my face. Tragically, my legs are as ghostly pale as ever :) I hope we can go back sometime soon, and hopefully Aaron can come too. Who needs sleep when there are soooo many spiders to save your wife from!
























No comments:
Post a Comment