Avery turned 2 yesterday! I can't believe my sweet little baby is already 2! Time goes by so fast!!! We had a really fun day celebrating though. Chocolate chip waffles for breakfast, then a lot of Wow Wow Wubzy and snuggling and reading and playing. I tried to get some pictures of Avery because she looked SO cute in her birthday dress, but she was not really interested. I will try again when the weather gets better!
In the evening we had a little party with my side of the family. We decided to go with a rainbow theme, primarially because I wanted to make a rainbow cake. Thanks to some unnecessary assistance from the birthday girl, the cake got a little bit ruined so I can only show a picture of the top:
Later, in a fit of premature alzheimers I put 3 candles on the cake - I didn't even want her to turn 2, why would I do 3?!?!?
Ella was very excited for this birthday. When I asked her why, she said because she LOOOOOVES Avery. When I asked her how much she loves Avery she did this:
That seems like a lot of love.
Avery got a lot of presents, it was so funny to watch her open the presents and check out each thing. There were some early favorites including an Elmo book - she had to look at each page and yelled "LOOK!" every time she saw Elmo.
She also loved a kitty that she got from Cheyenne - she has been sleeping with it and gives it plenty of kisses everyday!
After all the present opening we had some cake!
Ella gave a little help during the candle blowing out. And the present opening. And the cake eating.
It was a great day!!!









1 comment:
Love the cake! And Avery's cheeks!
Post a Comment