Cute pajamas for Ella made out of a thrifted vintage pillow case. The top is a little small because I made up the pattern and my model was less than cooperative when I was trying to measure her, but it fits and she likes it!
Ella requested matching skirts for her and the baby - so we have one big sister skirt and one baby sister skirt (with diaper cover). I hope they fit both of them at the same time, it was definitely harder to make tiny sized clothes! Ella also requested that her skirt have a big pink button on it - we left it off new baby's skirt though, I hope she doesn't mind!
I made a diaper bag that will hopefully be big enough for all the stuff two girls and their mommy need to carry around. The outside is a really soft and awesome pinwale corduroy with brown bias tape trim and a brown strap.

The inside is lined in HOT PINK!!! (Of course, I let Ella pick it out!) Please note the zipper which was not only extremely complicated (to me) but also, it was surprisingly hard to find a dark brown zipper, which I had to have to match all the rest of the dark brown trim.

I made a matching changing pad - the same fabric, but I used iron on vinyl for one side so it will be waterproof and wipeable. It is tricky stuff to work with and difficult to sew, but I like how it turned out. Also, in the picture you can't really see ALL the mistakes :)

A matching diaper and wipes holder (are you sensing a theme here!) Made of the same fabric and a pattern I found online. I have made these before and they are super quick and easy to sew. Of course, I had to use both fabrics and use bias tape, because why have anything be easy?!
Last night I made 5 cute tiny baby bibs. They are backed with pink flannel. I hope they will fit, they are newborn sized and they seem SO TINY!
And just in case you thought it was all fun and games at the Johanknecht house, I was also busy finishing up my first ever 9th Circuit Court of Appeals brief. I think it turned out pretty well, but I am terrified to file it on Monday. The 9th Circuit seems kind of scary!

I have LOTS more stuff to make before the new baby gets here, including a quilt, so I better get busy. Luckily (or unluckily) I have 6 or 7 weeks to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment