Thursday, January 5, 2012

Christmas Morning 2011

 The past couple of years we have had Christmas Morning with the Morse family at our house, mostly because I am too lazy to get myself and the girls ready and lug all our presents across town first thing in the morning. Lucky for me, no one else is as lazy as I am so we can do it my way! I am especially grateful this year because I was up late sewing and very tired when Ella woke me up at 7:30 yelling "Santa CAME!!!"





  

Santa did indeed come, and he brought new sleds!!!

 

I swear I did not tell them to do this - it was Ella's idea. And a very good one at that!


After they tried out the sleds it was time to open presents, starting with their stockings!


New nightlights - this one projects a picture of planets and stars on the ceiling. Ella is very interested in space, maybe she will be an astronaut? Or more likely, an astronaut ballerina princess.


The girls surrounded by ALL their presents! Lucky lucky girls this year, they must have been VERY good!



The mysterious presents, wrapped in sheets because we couldn't find big enough boxes at the last minute are from Mommy and Daddy! They are in fact the reason I was up late sewing on Christmas Eve. A collaboration between Aaron and I!


Doll beds!!! Aaron made them and I sewed mattresses, blankets, pillows and pillow cases!


Ella's is pink, of course because pink is not only her favorite color, but some might say it is the most beautiful color in the universe!


And Avery's is black because black is her favorite color. Seriously, her very favorite.


They were put to immediate and good use - the rest of the presents would have to wait! I was glad to see they liked them! Maybe Aaron and I will have to make a joint present a yearly tradition!




But there were so many presents to open we couldn't play all day, so on to the present opening!

Mom made Cheyenne, and the girls and I crocheted cowls. Which was perfect timing because since Christmas it has been ridiculously cold every day!


Matt got just what he asked for, lots of socks!


Cory got running gear, perfect for training for next year's marathon!


I got Aaron a shirt that says #hartnelldown which is both a twitter joke AND a hockey joke! I think he liked it!



Santa didn't just bring sleds to our house, he also brought a little treat for everyone! What a thoughtful Santa!



 Matt got a Savory Ramen flavored chocolate bar. Potentially gross, but given Matt's historical love of Ramen I, I mean SANTA, could not resist!


Cory got Tortilla Lime and Salt flavored chocolate. Cheyenne got French Toast flavored - I am not sure why there is no picture. They are all from Komfort Chockolates


Santa also brought the girls some new pillow pets! They were thrilled because they pretty much ask for them EVERY TIME we are at the store! So maybe they are a present for me too - no more begging! Thanks Santa!!!

 

Aaron also got an Iowa State flag (which ended up being disappointingly tiny) primarily to show up the neighbors across the street with their Nebraska flag!


I got a new kindle! Aaron knew how much I loved my old kindle (which died and I was very sad) and got me a new one! I have already read like 15 books on it, so I think it was the perfect present!


The girls got a million other presents, all of which they LOVED! Including, princess art supplies



An interior design book, which has been since filled with pictures of Ella designed and extremely beautiful rooms full of pink furniture!


For the first year we let the girls pick out one present to give to each other. Ella picked out this La La Loopsy school bus for Avery, because Avery is obsessed with the school buses we see when we take Ella to school. Of course Avery loved it, she might have said "Its perfect!"


Avery got Ella the crazy hair day La La Loopsy doll (I am sure that is not its real name but that is what Ella always calls it) which Ella has been desperately wanting for months!


Other presents included painted princess peg dolls - I made a set for each girl and one for their friend Hailee. I will have to post a better picture later because they turned out super cute!


We also all got coins - which we get in some form every year. We have a pretty good collection going now! Thanks Papa!


The girls in their cowls made by Ama!

 
 I think everyone was happy with their presents and it was a very fun morning! We had a delicious breakfast of egg casserole, cinnamon rolls and fruit salad too! Then we all went off to our afternoon plans. Matt and Cheyenne to her parents, Cory to Alyeska for skiing (lucky), Mom and Dad to some friends and we went to Grandma Kathy's for some Johanknecht Christmas fun - pictures coming soon!!!



No comments: