Sunday, January 16, 2011

Resolutions and Recommendations

I realize that it is mid January and I should have already decided on my resolutions at this point. But I am a slacker, never fear - one of my resolutions is to avoid procrastination! My hope is, that by putting them out there into the universe/internet I will be motivated to accomplish them based on a fear of public humiliation. So, here are my resolutions.

1. Stop procrastinating. Seriously, actually do stuff instead of just thinking about doing stuff at a later time.
2. Document the craft/sewing/crochet/etc projects - by taking pictures of the finished product. Maybe post some on the blog.
3. Finish all the projects that were started in 2010 (and 2009, 2008, etc) including house projects!
4. Read 150 books this year. Last year was lame, read more. Also, try and read better books instead of so many terrible and irritating books.
5. Come up with and attempt to implement some kind of schedule for our daily lives. This includes finding a time for regular grocery shopping, cleaning, "school" time for Ella and Avery and usable crafting time.
6. Regularly make stuff, and put that stuff into etsy store, at the salon or give away to people.
7. Clean and organize the craft room before the fabric takes over and causes a terrible avalanche that will crush you.
8. Take more pictures - post said pictures on the blog. Also, print said pictures out and hang them on the wall. 
9. Get many (paying) clients for law practice and become wildly successful.


Okay - that about covers it I think! Now everyone knows my failings and my hopes to remedy same. No, I don't have any pictures hanging on my walls! So what!

Now, moving on to something less embarrassing, I have made up a couple of lists of book recommendations over on the good old book blog - they are in three categories at this point (later I might make more - if I am successful at the stopping procrastination resolution that is) Romance, Young Adult and Mystery. Enjoy by going to the book blog - www.ayearofbooks.blogspot.com - or clicking on the links below:

Romance
Young Adult
Mystery

No comments: