Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Long Time No Post

Oh blog - I have neglected you. I have SO MANY pictures and SO MUCH stuff to talk about. I have a whole post to do about the State Fair (which will have to wait until the camera batteries recharge), and lots of other pictures so here we go.

We just got our PFDs which means lots of presents (and bill paying) for everyone! Ella got a little kitchen set and some fake food and pots and pans. She likes it very much and will always be happy to put on her apron and get you some food whenever you want it.



Yes, the mess on her face is chocolate :)


Hard to tell, but she is wearing a shirt, an apron, no pants, and sparkly shoes - usually she doesn't bother with the shirt.

Aaron got a new extremely fancy and huge TV. I suppose I got it too since I have been watching it a lot more than him. We also got Direct TV so we have 1 billion channels, almost all sports and extra special channels of extra football - just what we needed. Although, I totally kicked Aaron's butt last week in fantasy football (TWICE as many points thank you) and it was nice to see my players do so well on a big TV.

The fireplace is not done yet - we still need to tile and build and put up the mantel, but the wall is painted a beautiful grayish blue (blue twilight to be exact) and it looks pretty stinking cool to have the TV up on the wall!!!


Avery got a bumbo seat for a gift, and we found Ella's when we moved so both girls like to sit in them together. Although Avery is still really too small to sit in hers, and Ella is really much to big for hers - they think it is fun (at least Ella does, Avery didn't seem to mind though)



The bumbos are also good for holding Polar Bear and Dolly (their actual names - we are SO creative!) Notice Dolly is bare naked. She has clothes, but since Ella prefers being naked, she assumes Dolly does too. Baby (not pictured) is also naked.


Ella got some new socks in the mail as part of a package from her Aunt Elin in Iowa. She loves socks so she immidiately opened the package and put all of the socks on at once. Ella also loves to change clothes about 50 times a day, so this is an outfit she selected for herself. Her skirt is actually a shirt.


Avery has gotten to be such a big girl!!! She is getting much better at holding her head up, even though we almost never remember to have tummy time. She is usually asleep or eating for the vast majority of the day :)


This picture has a good angle of the cheeks, they are so round and smoochy!!!


Avery is a very happy baby - she smiles almost all the time she is awake and she makes adorable sounds - one sound is exactly like a pidgeon. There is a rapper whose nickname is Birdman and he is always making a pidgeon sound and Avery sounds exactly like him. It is kind of funny. I wish I could get a video of it, but she always stops when I manage to find the camera.


Unlike Ella at this age (or ever) Avery is content to lay on the floor, or in her swing and look at stuff - like a mobile or some toys. She sometimes even falls asleep there!!! Shocking I know. I don't think Ella EVER fell asleep on her own as a baby. Avery does almost every night. It is totally unbelieveable to me, but I feed her, swaddle her into a baby burritto and lay her in bed and she falls asleep. For the entire night. Pretty amazing baby I think!

And so cute too!!!

She will almost always smile if you ask her "Where is my smiling girl?" Or when you call her "Cuter" which is one of her nicknames. It is actually a nickname for Cutie Cuterton - which is just a little too long for everyday use :) Avery's other nicknames are Avie and Avs. Ella uses all of the nicknames but usually likes to call her "Ave-o-we Kate"


Today Ella stayed home from daycare and we went to the library for story time. You would think that I took her to Disney Land for how excited Ella was. She basically was so overwhelmed by all the books she couldn't decide which ones to get. But she chose books about airplanes ("real airplanes Mommy, not toy ones. Like a C-130") and some others including Beauty and the Beast in spanish. I cannot really read spanish but she insisted. Maybe she will have to take it to daycare and have Miss Irma read it to her. I am pretty sure that Ella would understand a lot more of the book than I would. We did read through it and look at the pictures and make up the story. Story time was great though, there were songs with hand motions, three books, a couple of rhymes and we even learned a new sign for sleepy. I wish I could stay home all the time so we could go more often.

So, there are lots more pictures on the other camera so I will try and get those posted soon. I have only a few days left of my glorious and beloved maternity leave as I have to go back to work on Monday (boo) so I am trying to fit everything into these last couple of days. I have much sewing (curtains, pillows and other stuff for living room) quilting (3 baby quilts) and reading to do and only a few short days to do it. Not to mention all of the baby snuggling and playing with my girls.

No comments: